Vivez Bien * Live Well

Friday, October 14, 2016

Of Water and Wine and Pretty Tables....

I have never been particularly fussy about drinking water. Our local tap water in Cape Town has always tasted fine to me so when I received Brita's new Fill and Serve Carafe to test out, I was a bit skeptical.


 My 14 year old son, Jack, is a water addict. He has never liked cooldrinks or fruit juices, so water is his drink of choice. (Wine is my drink of choice - just saying.) So I handed over the new carafe to Jack to put into action. He dutifully followed the instructions and left the water to filter for a short while. He then handed me 2 glasses of water for a taste test. First of all, I surprised myself by being able to taste the difference, and secondly, I correctly identified the filtered water because, despite my initial skepticism, it actually tasted cleaner!

Aside from producing clean and lovely tasting water, I also have to commend Brita on their design. It complements both contemporary and classic styles. It definitely does not look out of place on my table with my vintage French linen tablelinen, Wonkiware dinner plates, bone handled cutlery and French cafe glasses, but would look equally at home in a more modern setting.


The Brita Fill and Serve carafe was the Recipient of the 2015 Reddot Award in the “Product Design” category in recognition of delivering an elegant approach to filtering and serving water. Well deserved, I think! The carafe is fashioned from exceptionally transparent, high gloss, state-of-the-art ‘Tritan’ plastic and features soft touch design elements. It’s hygienic, can fit in your fridge door, is lightweight, shock resistant, easy to handle and lasts a lifetime. So what's not to love!

Most importantly, the carafe’s Micro Disc has a 150 litre capacity and its ActivSelect® technology effectively reduces chlorine and other taste impairing substances while leaving the ‘good’ minerals in. This is an important consideration in light of the current dry conditions which prevail across South Africa. 

Because I know you are going to rush out and buy one, I thought I would show you some pretty table settings where your new Brita Fill and Serve carafe would look very much at home.














Also, I should mention that although the product was a gift from Brita, all opinions expressed are purely my own.

And, since I fared so well on the water taste test, if any wine farmers out there would like me to do do similar such taste tests - I would be more than happy to oblige!

Till next time

Sharon x

The new Brita Fill and Serve Carafe will be available from late October from the following retail outlets: Takealot.com, Yuppiechef.com, Makro and select Pick Pay stores nationwide.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures and inspiration Sharon! Thank you!
    have a great friday, take care...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very pretty. I can see using that for any dinner party. I love the pretty table settings you've shared...makes me want to host a party!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack sounds like a nice young man and he'll always be grateful that he's drinking his water. I love that table setting with the dried lavender and natural linens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sharon,
    i agree, this is a beautiful decanter design and suitable for most dining tables. I hope your wish comes true and that several vineyards will be contacting you this week.
    Best wishes

    Helen

    ReplyDelete